Restoring the 1906 Burlington Junction Station ("Freeman Station")
Friends of Freeman Station in agreement with the City of Burlington. Now permanently relocated at 1285 Fairview Street, Burlington, ON -- just East of the Burlington Central Fire Station)

About the project

The historic 1906 railway Station is being restored and managed by the non-profit Friends of Freeman Station volunteers.  We are mostly “young-at-heart” seniors — and no one is paid.  Funding has been almost entirely from private and corporate donations and are 100% tax-deductible.  

Click here for more of our history

Community Relations

Doors Open Burlington @ Freeman Station a huge success!

More than 800 guests passed through the Burlington Junction Station on Saturday, October 1st (photos above) as we opened the Station to the public for the first time in 28 years.   All the Friends of Freeman Station volunteers were heartened by the turnout and by visitors’ expressions of support for the project.  Thanks to everyone for coming!  (Pictures on the “Events” page.)

Friends of Freeman Station visited a number of venues around Burlington this summer.

Click here for details:  Lots of video and pictures on the “Events” page!

Frequently asked questions — a number of topics come up often.
Click here or select “FAQ’s” above for the answers…

Latest News

November 5th model railway layout tour will include Freeman Station

October 15, 2016

The Burlington Junction Station at 1285 Fairview Street in Burlington will be a stop on the 16th Annual Hamilton & District model railway Layout Tour on Saturday, November 5th from 9 AM to 5 PM.  24 home and club layouts in N, HO, O, standard…


Storyteller Pauline Grondin: “Freeman Station: 1920”

October 13, 2016

On Saturday, November 19th, well-known professional storyteller Pauline Grondin will again work her magic as she relates, first-person, her story of life around Freeman Station.   The year is 1920, and the Burlington Junction Station in Freeman is a vibrant hub of community comings and…


Annual General Meeting – October 12th

August 23, 2016

As a non-profit corporation, Friends of Freeman Station held its Annual General Meeting of members and interested friends on Wednesday, October 12th.  Agenda included reports of the Executive, election of Directors, and other business.

YouTube Flickr Facebook Twitter

Video by Kevin Davies; photography by Bob Chambers, Bob Miller, Nikki Wesley, John Mellow, Joel Waterman, Denny Williams, Alan Harrington, Al Pettman and others (by permission)