BURLINGTON * DOORS OPEN * FREEMAN STATION
Saturday, September 30th * 10 AM to 4 PM
Be one of the many families we hope to meet and greet on Saturday Sept 30th between 10 AM and 4 PM.
- Tour the Station renovation project to see the remarkable progress
- View our railway memorabilia from the early 1900s to present
- Sit inside our unique CN speeder car (photo op!)
- Get your picture taken with David Vollick, Burlington’s Town Crier (photo op!)
- Try out our 3 wheel velocipede (photo op!)
- Be sure to ring the original 1917 Grand Trunk Railway locomotive bell
- Enjoy Burlington’s own Top Hat Marching Orchestra, performing from 1 PM to 3 PM ( http://www.tophats.org/ )
- Sign our guest book and register for our door prizes
- Purchase a commemorative hat, shirt, plate, or cup and become a member of Friends of Freeman Station
All at 1285 Fairview Street, next to the Central Fire Station. Free parking on site, or at Longo’s Plaza (easy walk). Please note there are no washrooms yet at Freeman Station.
… and, next door, stop past the Burlington Fire Department Open House as well.
More details at the Doors Open Burlington Website
We’re making great progress!
The historic 1906 Grand Trunk Railway Station is being restored and managed by the non-profit FOFS volunteers — and no one is paid.* Funding has been mostly from private and corporate sources, and your donations are 100% tax-deductible. To date, approximately 6,000 hours of volunteer labour have been logged as our carpenters, painters, engineers, electricians, historians, and sidewalk superintendents have contributed to the project. Please visit our “Events,” “FAQ’s,” and “History” pages, above.